Argentière is situated at 1,250 metres and is 8km north of Chamonix. The village is the home of the infamous Grands Montets ski area and is nestled below the peaks of the Drus and Aiguille Verte and between the Mer de Glace and Glacier d'Argentière. Argentière has retained its French charm and offers a slower pace of life as it has been less affected by wealthy tourists and ex-patriots from various countries who have chosen to move to the valley.
The village features a lovely baroque church and 19th century chapel which completes the attractive high street panorama. For those who love a good pâtisserie and boulangerie, you’ll find a good selection here.
Argentière is well placed for both winter activities including cross-country skiing and paret and for summer activities such as hiking and mountain biking. The village is well connected to Chamonix via train and bus for other attractions and facilities such as the Aiguille du Midi, Mer de Glace, sport centre and a cinema which shows films in English.Argentière Town Map
Restaurants in Argentière
Argentière has a good selection of restaurants to choose from, some of the more popular choices are:
- Le Bistro du Dahu | Traditional French | Good old fashioned French cuisine in a cosy friendly setting
- La Cremerie du Glacier | Savoyarde | Charming refugee restaurant situated in the wood at the base of Grands Montets ski area. First class fondue and raclette.
- The Office | English / Pub | Lively bar offering good pub grub including burgers, chicken wings and nachos
- La P’tite Verte | French / Savoyarde | This is a popular restaurant in the village serving traditional French cuisine alongside mountain dishes such as fondue and raclette.
- The Stone Bar | Italian | Good value, well done Pizza and Pasta dishes in a great atmosphere
For other options, there is a wider selection of restaurants in Chamonix which is a short train or bus ride away. Haute Pursuit also offer an in-resort taxi service and you can contact them using this form.
Bars and Nightlife in Argentière
Argentière provides a far more laid back atmosphere than Chamonix itself, but still has the life to generate a character of its own.
Here are a couple of bars we’d recommend:
- Fubar | A very lively, great value bar where you can ride a Bucking Bronco!
- The Office | This English bar is one of the places to go for Apres Ski
- Le Savoy | A small relaxed french bar with a great atmosphere
- Le Slalom | Popular cosy bar that often runs fancy dress and salsa nights
- La Yaute | Close to the entrance of the Grands Montets ski area this bar and restaurant often has live apres ski bands
This webcam is provided courtesy of Chamonix Tourist Office
More Information On Argentiere
For further information about the resort please visit Chamonet .
We currently have
available in this resort.