EN: See our COVID-19 page for the latest information and booking terms. | FR: Veuillez consulter notre page COVID-19 pour les derniers infos et politiques.

Mountain Base & COVID-19

Mountain Base's COVID-19 Policies

Bookings made from 11th August 2021 onwards or with an arrival date from 1st October 2021

From the 11 August 2021 the following cancellation policy will apply (percentage of total price of holiday): 
 
If the Client cancels more than 31 days before arrival for the reasons below: No charge - 25% deposit is refundable
 
  • France is on the Client’s country of origin red list
  • The Client’s country of origin is on France’s red list
  • France has closed its international borders
  • There is a lockdown in Chamonix
If the Client cancels 0-30 days before arrival for the reasons below, MB.com will charge 25% (the deposit amount) and if the balance has been paid, will refund the remaining 75%: 
 
  • France is moved to the Client’s country of origin red list
  • The Client’s country of origin is moved to France’s red list
  • France closes international borders
  • Lockdown implemented in Chamonix
For all other cancellation reasons, our normal booking conditions (see point 7) would apply.

Bookings made before 10th August 2021 and with an arrival date up to and including 30th September 2021

If a guest is unable to travel due to travel restriction or border closures, Mountain Base will provide a credit note for the value paid to be used at the same property at a future date. 
 
Consequently, if you have a booking between these dates, your options are:
 
1) Maintain your current booking - the balance will be due three weeks prior to arrival. If you are unable to travel due to COVID-19 you will receive a credit note for the total amount paid.
2) Move your booking, you can move to the following year for the same dates, subject to availability. If your booking was secured at a reduced rate the price will increment to the price advertised in 2022. If you booked prior to discounts applied in January 2021 the price will remain the same.
3) Receive a credit note for the amount paid to be used at the same property for a booking in the future.

Delayed balance payments for all bookings up to 30th April 2022

To help our guests at this difficult time, for bookings with an arrival date up to 30th April 2022 you can secure your stay with just a deposit. We will then remind guests to pay their balance 5 weeks prior to arrival and to pay within 7 days.

Safety Measures

Cleaning
In addition to our usual high standards of cleaning, our team will be working to the recommended WHO COVID-19 cleaning guidelines which include disinfecting frequently touched surfaces such as light switches, door handles, appliance handles, bedside tables etc. 
 
We will continue to provide cleaning materials in all our properties, including disinfectant, for you to use throughout your stay.
 
Laundry
All our linen and towels are professional laundered over 90°C. The WHO recommend laundering items above 70°C. 
 
Social distancing
If our guests prefer we can arrange self check-in's for all our properties.  
 
All our properties include detailed manuals with information on all the appliances and facilities. Our team will also be available via telephone or email for any queries throughout your stay.

The latest information on COVID-19 in Chamonix

  • Shops - Open
  • Bars, Cafes & Restaurants - Open
  • Tourist facilities (Hotels, B&Bs, Camping Grounds etc) - Open
  • Parks, Museums Monuments, Spas, Gyms & Theatres - pen
  • Cinemas - Open
  • Chamonix's Lift System - Open. Lift opening dates.
Please note: From the 9th August, proof of full vacination or a negative PCR test will be needed to go to restaurants, bars, cafes, shopping centres and public facilities. Masks are compulsory on the high-street, in shops and on public transport.