About Chamonix Les Praz
Les Praz is charming picturesque village just 5 minutes drive or 20 minute walk from the centre of Chamonix. This tranquil location has the Flégère ski area and 18 hole golf course of its doorstep making it a popular choice for holiday makers year round.
One of the landmark feature of the village it its Church with its stunning Mer de Glace backdrop. If fact the surrounding landscape, forests and streams have made Les Praz the favoured neighbourhood to build opulent chalets, so you’ll find our some of our grandest properties in Les Praz.
The village is ideal for both summer and winter activities with direct lift access to La Flégère for skiing, hiking and mountain biking. In the summer months there is also the golf course and a wonderful childrens play area along the Paradis des Praz with pony rides and a cafe for hot and cold snacks.
Les Praz is well connected to Chamonix via train and bus so you can easily access the attractions and facilities such as the Aiguille du Midi, Mer de Glace, sport centre, cinema which shows films in English and bowling alley.
Restaurants in Les Praz
- La Cabane des Praz | Contemporary French | As they say themselves - excellent contemporary French cuisine in relaxed and welcoming surroundings. The restaurant is situated at the entrance of the golf course
- Le Castel | French | This restaurant is situated opposite the entrance to La Flégère and offers fine French bistro style cuisine with wonderful sunny terrace.
- La Cremerie du Moulin Les Praz | Savoyarde | Savoyard favourites served within an welcoming, easy-going environment. The restaurant is on the road into Les Praz close to the car cleaning station.
- Eden | Traditional French | Reasonably priced traditional French cuisine close to the main roundabout in Les Praz
- Le Refuge | International | Good value restaurant with a range of main dishes, burgers and options for vegetarians and children. The restaurant is situated on the main high-street.
Bars and Nightlife in Les Praz
- Le Castel | Stylish restaurant bar with spacious terrace and wonderful mountain views
- Le Petit Social | Fun, cosy bar that often has live music and DJ set
- Le Refuge | Laid back bar that is perfect for a vin chaud or an aperitif after an evening stroll
Chamonix Les Praz Webcam
This webcam is provided courtesy of Chamonix Tourist Office
More Information On Chamonix Les Praz
For further information about the resort please visit Chamonet .
We currently have
available in this resort.